Sunday 18 December 2011

Feeling Festive

We're starting to feel all Christmas-sy here.  Obviously the plethora (I love that word - note to self must use it more) of advent calendars help but the tree is now up and the pictures duly tinselled!


Last weekend we went to North Wales to go on the Santa Special on the Llangollen Railway.  This was our third annual trip and I feel that now qualifies it as a Christmas tradition.  The first year we went, we went with J and her family.  Last year we went with J and family and also with K and her family.  This year it was all of us again, 11 in total, for the trip on the steam train, coupled with presents for the kids from Santa and mince pies and mulled wine for the adults.  I think next year I need to remember to sit next to J so I can eat her mince pie!!!  After a stop at Lapland for a photo op with Santa, it was back on the train to Llangollen and time for a long lunch in the Corn Mill.  We all had a lovely day and will be back again next year - well we've got to make the most of it before the kids decide they're too old for it.  Max looks less than impressed with Santa in this picture but, by contrast, you'd think this was the first time Paul had ever met him!!






We were made to feel even more festive this week with Max's first school nativity.  I made his shepherd's outfit myself.  Partly to see whether I could actually make a decent enough job of it and partly on the grounds of cost - well I had the material already so it seemed a waste not to use it.  I was really pleased with the embroidery sheep detail and even toyed with the idea of putting "Shepherd" across the back, simply because I could, but decided that was probably a step too far!






The nativity was lovely with all the children waving as they spotted their parents in the audience.  Max was able to see us and he sang beautifully which, if you remember this post, was a feat in itself.  It just goes to show how much he has developed, and how his confidence has grown, since he started school in September.






So we're all feeling nice and festive - how about you??

No comments:

Post a Comment