I don't know about you but I've only got into Twitter relatively recently. It was a godsend on my iPhone when I was doing night feeds with Penelope as you could practically guarantee there would be someone tweeting in the wee small hours...
I follow what would appear to be a fairly random selection of people but when you look closely they fall into quite defined groups:
1. Friends - well it's only polite isn't it? One of my friends (a work colleague) has the handle @cheeseyweasel - at some point I'm going to have to ask how that came about
2. People everyone else seems to follow - Stephen Fry, Barack Obama, Piers Morgan
3. Actors etc from my favourite tv programmes - Castle, House, Desperate Housewives, Glee, Bones
4. Golfers - I think that must be Paul's influence....
5. Various Organisations - BBC, Tatton Park, CBeebies
6. And the random ones - like Max and Penelope's nursery
It was whilst reading tweets that I found my route to a small amount of fame (no fortune sadly - maybe that will follow) when Practical Parenting Magazine tweeted asking for interesting baby name stories. I duly replied with the story of how Penelope came to be named. I got a reply asking for a photo of me and my gorgeous girl. The new issue has arrived by post (I subscribe) and on page 77 there we both are!
Yep - that's how my beautiful baby girl got her name - two seemingly responsible adults let a not-quite 3 year old choose it! Could have been worse I suppose. If she was being named now I'm sure she'd be called Lego :)
And in case you were wondering I'm @lynnemaxpen. Mind you most of my tweets seems to be replying to a certain @JoTwoOwls......