Friday 29 July 2011

Fame and fortune - sort of...

I don't know about you but I've only got into Twitter relatively recently.  It was a godsend on my iPhone when I was doing night feeds with Penelope as you could practically guarantee there would be someone tweeting in the wee small hours...


I follow what would appear to be a fairly random selection of people but when you look closely they fall into quite defined groups:


1. Friends - well it's only polite isn't it?  One of my friends (a work colleague) has the handle @cheeseyweasel - at some point I'm going to have to ask how that came about


2. People everyone else seems to follow - Stephen Fry, Barack Obama, Piers Morgan


3. Actors etc from my favourite tv programmes - Castle, House, Desperate Housewives, Glee, Bones


4. Golfers - I think that must be Paul's influence....


5. Various Organisations - BBC, Tatton Park, CBeebies


6. And the random ones - like Max and Penelope's nursery


It was whilst reading tweets that I found my route to a small amount of fame (no fortune sadly - maybe that will follow) when Practical Parenting Magazine tweeted asking for interesting baby name stories.  I duly replied with the story of how Penelope came to be named.  I got a reply asking for a photo of me and my gorgeous girl.  The new issue has arrived by post (I subscribe) and on page 77 there we both are!




Yep - that's how my beautiful baby girl got her name - two seemingly responsible adults let a not-quite 3 year old choose it!  Could have been worse I suppose.  If she was being named now I'm sure she'd be called Lego :)


And in case you were wondering I'm @lynnemaxpen.  Mind you most of my tweets seems to be replying to a certain @JoTwoOwls......

No comments:

Post a Comment